We ended May by welcoming people who have recently joined the UOC with long-term or permanent contracts.
The latest institutional welcome session took place on 26 May, and was attended by the President, Josep A. Planell, the Executive Board, and 16 new members of staff:
- Anna Delclòs (Corporate Development department)
- Àlex Casanovas (Technology department)
- Alba Pueyo (Communications department)
- Mariana Sanz (Library and Learning Resources department)
- Gloria Rubio (Technology department)
- Begoña Aguilera (Library and Learning Resources department)
- Mireia Flaquer (UOC X)
- Laura Gómez (Marketing department)
- Iris Cabrera (Marketing department)
- Mireia López (President’s Office and Institutional Relations)
- Maria Serena (President’s Office and Institutional Relations)
- Alba Sentís (Contact Centre)
- Lorena Rodríguez (Contact Centre)
- Paula León (Contact Centre)
- Cristina Pujol (Faculty of Information and Communication Sciences)
- Cristina Mumbardó (Faculty of Psychology and Education Sciences)
At this meeting, which is held once a month, President Planell highlighted the success of the UOC’s educational model, how being a privately managed public university allows us to continue growing and hiring new talent, and how COVID-19 has forced us to reconsider many things, including a new way of working.
An explanation of the UOC’s mission, business model (prism model and quadruple helix) and its main internal collectives (faculties, research centres and administrative staff) was provided by Antoni Cahner, the General Manager.
Marta Aymerich, Vice President for Strategic Planning and Research, explained the main challenges relating to the Strategic Plan the UOC’s research ecosystem. Carles Sigalés, Vice President for Teaching and Learning, gave explanations of teaching responsibilities and the profile of our teaching team.
The following day, Thursday 27 May, an institutional welcome session was held with UOC General Manager Antoni Cahner, which focused on the management system and the educational model and was attended by 40 participants:
After that the floor was opened to for the new members of staff to pose questions, make comments and share impressions.
We welcome you all and wish you every success here at the UOC!
(Visited 3 times, 1 visits today)