We began April by welcoming people who have recently joined the UOC with long-term or permanent contracts.
The latest institutional welcome session took place on 9 April, and was attended by the President, Josep A. Planell, the Executive Board, and 10 new members of staff.
- Marcel Matencio (Technology department)
- Elisenda Díaz (Library and Learning Resources department)
- Lluís Gea (Contact Centre)
- Silvia Calvo (Contact Centre)
- Esther Navarro (Contact Centre)
- Pol Boada (Contact Centre)
- Sonia Fernandez (UOC Corporate)
- Carles Méndez (Faculty of Economics and Business)
- Marc Compte (Faculty of Economics and Business)
- Marco Inzitari (Faculty of Health Sciences)
At this meeting, which is held once a month, President Planell highlighted the success of the UOC’s educational model, how being a privately managed public university allows us to continue growing and hiring new talent, and how COVID-19 has forced us to reconsider many things, including a new way of working.
General Manager Antoni Cahner discussed the UOC’s structure and mission. Marta Aymerich, Vice President for Strategic Planning and Research, will also be participating in the institutional welcome sessions from now on, and she explained the main challenges relating to the Strategic Plan the UOC’s research ecosystem. Carles Sigalés, Vice President for Teaching and Learning, gave explanations of teaching responsibilities and the profile of our teaching team.
After that the floor was opened to for the new members of staff to pose questions, make comments and share impressions.
We welcome you all and wish you every success here at the UOC!
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)