The UOC’s Voice Donors project is looking for 100 volunteers to record and publish 100 audio readings of classic Catalan literature. Can you help?
The challenge is on for 100 days and ends on 30 July 2021. Your recordings will be published on open platforms and web spaces for everybody to hear and enjoy.
Get involved in this collaborative literary project. If you have any questions, you can email email@example.com.
1. Get a team together The audio readings can be done by just one person, but we recommend recruiting a couple of friends so that you can share out the various tasks: reading aloud, editing and publishing the audio reading. If you need more people, tweet for help by mentioning @donantsdeveu. Someone is bound to come to your rescue!
2. Choose a book Select one of your favourites or peruse the list of suggestions drawn up by the partner entities on the Voice Donors website. We recommend choosing one that is in the public domain and emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the title. This way, everybody will know which ones are already taken.
3. Record your audio reading Recording your voice is the fun part. All you have to do is find your storyteller voice and have access to a mobile phone or webcam. Don’t worry about re-recording anything. If you get muddled up, just read the sentence or paragraph again. You can always just cut and paste it later.
4. Edit your recordings Your recordings may contain noises that need cleaning or fragments that need to be cut and pasted. This is no big deal because you can edit them with Audacity, an excellent free program that is available in Catalan.
5. Publish your audios online Save each chapter or section individually in 128 Kbps mono MP3 format and/or mono Ogg Vorbis format. You must also name and number the documents, publishing them on LibriVox if they are copyright-free or on Wikipedia if the work is licensed under Creative Commons, or wherever else you like. Before doing this, however, listen to them all the way through to check that there are no silences, repetitions, interruptions, etc.
6. Publish the work on LibriVox if you can: We suggest publishing your audio reading on LibriVox for international visibility.
7. Finally… tell everyone about it! One of the best moments will be sharing your recording with everyone. Tweet the link mentioning @donantsdeveu and we will spread it on the social networks of the partner entities.
And remember: if you need someone to join forces with or just to lend a hand, ask! If you need to, publish a tweet mentioning @donantsdeveu or the partner entities.
We use our own and third party cookies. The analysis of the data that we collect allows us to improve the web and offer more personalized information and services. If you continue browsing, we consider that you accept its use. For more information, see the Cookies policy.Accept
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.